You are here
Service Parts Logistics
Optimize Service Parts Logistics to boost your bottom line
How can you control your costs and ensure that you meet critical service level agreements? Our network of over 700 global forward stocking locations, distribution centers, and integrated best-in-class air and ground courier network, ensures top performance at pricing that will get your attention. Our solution is agnostic in terms of mode of transport. Whether you are going to will call parts; ship them via next-day parcel (FedEx, UPS or DHL) or need a same-day solution; routed or on demand; we can help. We tie it all together with the industry’s leading and proprietary IT platform that gives you end-to-end visibility of all inventory throughout your network. It’s a compelling solution that is future-proof and allows you to move to either faster or slower modes of transport and flex up and down with field stocking and DC inventory levels to optimize for the priority of the moment.
Improve Service Performance via our Integrated Network
We have found that service performance suffers with the competition. Why? None of them offer a truly integrated network. We are the lone option that offers all of these services as part of our core business, under one roof with no hand offs. What does this mean to you? Better Service and no fumbled hand-offs simply because we don’t hand your business off. We operate it ourselves in our own network that has a proven track record dating all the way to 1971 when we started the business.
All Modes of Transport Under One Roof (Hybrid Solutions)
Priorities shift and change over time. Much of this can be driven by the value of inventory. When inventory is extremely valuable, it makes sense to hold less of it and lean on transit times to make up for lower levels of high value inventory. When inventory costs are low, it makes sense to hold more of it (and in more locations) because that generally allows for reduced transportation spend. The challenge is that these costs change over time and can be impacted by the cost of capital and other factors. What makes the most sense today may not work well tomorrow.
Why not select a provider that can handle both highly valuable inventory in far few locations with exceptional same day service capabilities - that can also help you if and when inventory values and the cost of capital is lower? We are capable of helping you with all modes of transport – including servicing your account with both extremely high service performance requirements and providing cost effective storage and transportation solutions. NGL offers the best of both worlds and provides a solution that can scale and change to meet the changing needs of your business.
Tracking Systems and Technology (including Courier)
Our systems are state of the art, giving you the ability to see everything in one portal. All of your inventory, your forward stocking locations, SKU detail and all the transportation moves including those being delivered by your preferred parcel carriers, like FedEx, UPS and DHL. Our systems are built on current technology database infrastructure (SQL) so you have quick and easy access to timely and accurate information – on demand. Easily create your own custom reports, or pick from a suite of standard reports, that you can run on demand, anytime.
Size, Scope and Scale
- NGL (Together with our parent company MNX Global Logistics) is the largest independent time-critical logistics provider.
- We have a solid track record of financial success and a solid balance sheet.
What does that mean to you?
It means we can afford to invest for the long haul and will be here for many years to come. We are the largest in the specialty same-day service parts/spares space. When choosing a provider our customers tell us that they want flexibility, reliability and dependability. You get all three with NGL.
On site now
Executed properly, service parts logistics can be a key competitive advantage and profit center for many companies, including technology-intensive industries. However, to a large degree, a manufacturer or retailer’s ability to run a high-quality, highly profitable post-sales service operation is the direct result of the effectiveness and efficiency of its service parts logistics.
Service parts logistics is complex, dynamic, and challenging – characterized, for instance, by irregular demand and by tension between minimizing inventory costs and minimizing customers’ downtime. Many businesses muddle through with service parts logistics performance well short of ideal, inflating costs, damaging customer relations and eroding profits.
99.5% inventory accuracy & 98% on-time shipping
We are the premier provider of time-critical transportation and integrated supply chain solutions, including service parts logistics. We’ll reduce your service operation costs while improving the support you provide your customers. Here’s how we will help you create an effective and profitable post-sales service operation:
- Consistent top performance. We consistently achieve 99.5% inventory accuracy and 98% on-time shipping performance – numbers that lead the industry. By consistently getting the right part to the right place at the right time, we’ve earned and kept the business of leading Fortune 500 companies who demand the highest performance from their service parts and spares distribution networks.
- Custom turnkey solutions. We offer a comprehensive suite of service parts logistics solutions, including inventory management, time-urgent transportation, global trade services including IOR/EOR, reverse logistics, parts swap-out and on-site repairs. Leveraging our extensive experience in specific industries including medical equipment, telecommunications, aerospace, semiconductors and networking, we can design and implement a customized solution perfectly tailored to your company’s particular needs.
- Unmatched mission-critical transportation expertise. We pioneered “next-flight-out” service in 1971 and we’ve been a leader in mission-critical transportation ever since. We provide our clients a full range of expedited transport services ranging from global NFO (next flight out) to same day local delivery.
- Global reach, local knowledge. NGL operates a worldwide network of forward stocking locations and regional distribution centers to ensure that you meet your rapid-response service agreements with all your customers, wherever those customers may be.
- Superior systems and service. Our technology systems provide an unprecedented degree of visibility and control. We stand behind our logistics and transportation solutions with 24x7/365 customer service, delivered by our highly trained NGL personnel.